The fee is $375 per class. A discounted rate of $2,495 is available to individuals signing up for all eight classes. This fee includes instructional materials.
CalTrans has two scholarships available. Eligible applicants include private, non-profit, not-for-profit, and government agencies, their employees and certain affiliates (private sector applicants) who offer passenger transportation services. Full-series scholarship will cover $1,250 of the tuition. Applicable for full series participants only.
- RTAP (RTAP Scholarship Program). The program provides reimbursement for registration and travel expenses for courses attended by public and non-profit organizations serving rural areas. www.calact.org/doc.aspx?44
- RCTC (Riverside County Transportation Commission) may provide funding to non-profit transportation providers located in western Riverside County.
- SANBAG (San Bernardino Associated Governments) has financial aid available for public transit and social service transportation agencies from the Valley portion of San Bernardino County.
- ACCESS SERVICES may have scholarships available. Eligible applicants include all public and not-for-profit agencies and their employees or affiliates (private sector applicants) who deliver passenger transportation services with the County of Los Angeles. The Joe King Memorial Scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Only available during Fall sessions.
Requirements to Complete the Online Program
- Each course is structured into two parts: Asynchronous (prep work) and Synchronous (online live session). You must complete your asynchronous prep work AND participate the synchronous session in order to get your credit for the course.
- The asynchronous prep work will take between 3 to 4 hours for each course. Some courses will require you to submit an assignment by given due date.
- The synchronous session will be offered live online using Zoom for 3 hours for each course. You must have your video turned on and join the call no later than 20 minutes after the class begins.
- You will need: Access to a computer with MS office and high speed internet (Please see the system requirements HERE.) Web camera, microphone and speakers
- You are strongly encouraged to test your computer (audio and internet connection) prior to the beginning of classes.
- If applying for the CalTrans Scholarship, fill out the online financial aid application to receive the scholarship code: Transit Series CalTrans Financial Aid ONLINE Form
- Once you receive your scholarship code, please complete the series registration form https://commerce.cashnet.com/01WSGT
- You will receive a confirmation of your enrollment within 1-3 days
Full refunds will be available for cancellations seven days prior to the start of the program. No other refunds will be granted. Registration may be transferred to another participant by notifying the Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development in writing.
Any missed session can be made up at no additional charge.
Contact the Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development
PH: 888.439.2867 or 209.946.2956