Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a Critical Strategic Advantage
This certificate program is for the transit industry individuals and teams who have the initiative and influence to advance diversity and inclusion efforts.
Jul 21 & 22, 2022
Aug 11 & 12, 2022
Transit is one of the most diverse industries in America. Both the employees and their customers are diverse and the role unconscious bias is playing in day-to-day encounters is a big concern. The ability to implement an effective DEI program in an agency can reduce turnover, increase productivity and morale, and lower costs associated.
Title 6 requires policies and practices that are free from discrimination. This program is designed to deliver the essential curriculum, collaboration, and connections needed to help you understand the challenges and opportunities with making this important strategic change in your organization.
- Defining Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Understanding our own biases and the impact of unconscious bias
- Recognizing the value of diverse teams and organizations
- Strategies and organization interventions for blocking bias, and promoting DEI
- Collaborating with your leadership team to drive culture change
- Measuring and evaluating DEI initiatives in your organization
Four 3-hour online live classes will be held on July 21, 22 (Part 1), and Aug. 11, 12 (Part 2) from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time.
Program Cost: $775 (includes materials)
Group discounts of three or more are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Our staff is dedicated to helping you with all of your questions or concerns.